90 GMC Sierra 6.2 Diesel K2500. Moscow Russia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Gringo

Reaction score
Hello. I would like to share you my truck. Actually it's not my first 4x4 Chevy, but it is my first truck, so some things are new. And it's my first diesel car, so sometimes I have some issues related with uncommon for me engine.

Here in Moscow we got a lot of communities related with American cars and trucks, but even there truck I mean pick up truck pre 2000 is very rare.

My truck at least twice should be parted out but, I've decided to resurrect it, because it's not as bad as it could be at first seen.

Firstly I've replace engine because original engine was gone, then previous owner install another one and it wasn't in work condition. I've took motor from K5, but decided to stay with 4L60 tranny. To be honest my friend isn't skilled mechanic but at least this truck was able to drive. But there were an issue with transmission, only first and reverse gears were able. TV cable wasn't connected at all :) My friend make something and 1-2-3 and R gears appeared except of OD.

Then I've remake all wirings according to factory diagrams, everything is fine, and I need to change only two sensors (speed and oil pressure). And now all gears in transmission is back :)

Cooling. Someone is installed radiator which has no radiator cap, but whole other system was designed to radiator cap configuration, I don't know why it's not boiled, but I've installed coolant tank from GMC Yukon 03, and it nice. Also I've putted electric fans. Only one thing I need to improve, I should put heater hose directly to cooling pump, but not to radiator, it will be better.

Now I need to adjust engine and revise TV cable system, because gear box still works strange, but at least the car is on the road again and it's nice.

Here is some photos from previous owner:
https://www.drive2.ru/r/gmc/1022949/

I'll put new photo in a few days. And as usual sorry for my English :)

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like you've got quite the job ahead of you. Likely one that will require someone with some experience to look at. Good luck.

El_Gringo

Reaction score
Well, here's a few photos form previous owners. Quality isn't shine, but that's all I've got at this moment

You must be registered for see images attach

El_Gringo

Reaction score
part 2 :)

El_Gringo

Reaction score
Well-well-well :)

This truck is still my daily driver. Pretty cool. I've got a little progress in it's techical conditions. From last post I've replaced TV cable, Throttle cable, Alternator, Fuel filter system, Sending fuel pump, provided upgrade of glow plugs, repalces a lot of hoses, etc... And finaly done a paintjob :) Hope to present images real soon :)

El_Gringo

Reaction score
So, here is how my truck looked before

Now I've provide DIY tinkering and paintjob and my truck now looks like this

El_Gringo

Reaction score
Replaced a few hoses in a fuel system. Almos all rubbers in a return line is new, after this engine works much smoothie. Repaired famous tunacan f boot, I suppose my repair need to be upgraded, hope to do it real soon.