89 Cheyenne aka Sour Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
that looks awesome! how big are those 2 tanks? are they gonna be under the bed?

they're 5 gallon.. 7" diameter. my bed has 8" of clearance (with the spare carrier cross member still in place)

After talking to you on facebook, I really needed to come check out your build thread ... and man, does your truck ever look sick!! I meant to say im sorry to hear about the health problems... im glad your feeling better!

And now that I finally got a good look at the box, im digging what you's did to it! Its to bad about the tailgate banner, I left mine in the closet for a surprise! now I see you put on one in... thinking DAWM! HE STOLE MY IDEER!!! But hey, I guess im not the only one with great ideers right? ;) Yours really turned out great, im taking abit of a different approach to it so im glad yours is done the way you did it!
reading from first page to the last, im really getting excited to bag the dually... but that really only is about 2-3 years away :(

wasn't my idea.. the guy that did the welding thought of it. i think it was to avoid all the body work on the original header panel. it's growing on me.

Just use stainless hard line, I have seen numerous trucks broke down on the side of the road from cracked copper line, it cracks from vibration over a short period of time.

now i gotta find some stainless line... hehe thanks for the heads up.

im anxious to have a fully functional bagged truck............. to drag :)

Reaction score
wouldnt a regular brake line bender work? Ive been searching hydraulic line sites, and air brake suppliers and the stainless and the steel/ zink coated arent much different in price. And found out copper is workable in air brake use, but has a thicker wall than the hardware store stuff everyone is using..lol

Wanna see your dang truck in person again :(

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
wouldnt a regular brake line bender work? Ive been searching hydraulic line sites, and air brake suppliers and the stainless and the steel/ zink coated arent much different in price. And found out copper is workable in air brake use, but has a thicker wall than the hardware store stuff everyone is using..lol

Wanna see your dang truck in person again :(

im gonna try a regular brake line bender first..

come up to LOATP in April! i rarely go further south than that.. i'd like to see the nightmare in person as well!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
turned some wrenches finally... 65* weather today!

took off the 88-89 engine accessory bracket and installed a set from a '94 so i could mount my York.

You must be registered for see images attach

for future reference, the bolts on the left bracket (a/c) are too short if you use the 88-89 bolts on the 90+ bracket. i had to buy 3 longer bolts (4") to mount the air conditioner compressor (and lock nuts since the nuts are welded to the 88-89 bracket). everything lined up perfectly and the only other surprise i ran into was the need to relocate the engine ground strap at the front of the block. other than time consuming.. it was straight forward and i'm really happy with it and glad my York is no longer sitting in the bedroom floor. haha