88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Extended cab and automatic swap...haha

Would look good though. I've always preferred the old style but I've never owned one, so maybe I'd get tired of it if I drove it/had to look at it every day.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I've owned both, and the older style is much more simplistic and minimalistic, but it has some setbacks that I could cure by upgrading.

Most notably the horrible glove box design, HVAC controls, radio placement and only a single 12v outlet. Not much I can do about any of those in this dash. The newer dash would solve them plus allow me to add steering wheel controls, upgrade to a double DIN radio, and overall have a more comfortable interior.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like the pic you posted above. thats what i want to do with mine. get rid of the 60/40 and do buckets and nbs console. i love the grey interiors too. mines a 95. i think the grey or tan are the only ones that look good. i hate the blue and maroon ones