88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Go with the 97+ dash with the airbag.

I want to paint my interior black, but I'm too lazy to take everything apart. A black 95+ interior would look ****.

Steering wheel controls are on the top of my to do list also.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score

I want to paint my interior black, but I'm too lazy to take everything apart. A black 95+ interior would look ****.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
i say stick with the older style or do something interesting like a nbs dash. otherwise i call dibs on your old dash! pwease.
I thought about a GMT800 dash, i like them WAY better but there is a considerable amount of fab that it would take. I bet my pristine WA dash would be a good replacement for someone. For whatever reason dashes around here don't crack.

How much to do mine?!
:lol: first I'd have to do mine so I knew how much time it would take, collect parts and then get your truck to WA.

I'm not sure if I'd want black/charcoal or just go OEM light grey. And I was debating last night if 95-96 dash would look better than 97-00. The 95-96 dash looks considerably more roomy due to it being lower, but the 97-00 dash has the option of putting a storage pocket where the passenger airbag would go.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I like the 97+ dash better. I don't care for the pocket insert though, it looks out of place. If you could somehow turn the airbag trim piece into a glove box that would be cool.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I say 95 or 96 dash, i liked the 96 dash better than the 95 tho, and i dont like the 97+

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Only difference between 95 and 96 dash is the 95 used a 1-piece ashtray and the 96 used a small tray with seperate outlets. They are interchangeable.

Only reason I would use a 97+ dash would be to install the pocket (like above) for additional storage. Regular cabs are notorious for having none.