'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I finished up the flare "lights wiring", that took awhile! Next up; I completed the tail light wiring. I used a 7 outlet junction trailer wiring box as a way of distributing the wiring. It will make diagnosing wiring problems easier as well as installing more wiring. I bought the junction box at a garage sale a few years ago unsure if I would ever use it. It is coming in handy now! Next up is wiring the trailer brake controller unit, installing the bumpers and trailer hitch, wiring the trailer plug and license plate, and then hopefully figuring out the dome light situation.
Here is a video as well..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

That is a slick idea on the light wiring with the junction box. Never know when something from the stash will come in handy!

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Yes, the junction box will make hooking up all the trailer feeds much easier as well as diagnosing problems. Otherwise it would be splicing into multiple feeds to get it done..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I tried to install the trailer hitch and found there seems to be a bent portion of frame. There is also various bracing in the way that prevents the trailer hitch bolts from sitting flat. The person who previously installed the hitch must of just hacked it in without doing it properly.
I might remove the bent portion of the frame and bracing. Then install some 1/8 flat stock to fix/modify these areas..
For now I will start on the windshield wiper/transem area. I am hoping to drop the engine/trans in this fall and start to do all the connections

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beat that section of frame back to flat with a sledge. Remove the giant rivets on the cross-bracing and put big grade 8 bolts in their place - I had to drill some new holes in my hitch to line up with the big bolts. Bolt the hitch on, and go. If you're worried about that piece of frame being weak, back it up with some 1/8" plate.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I will keep trying to beat that area of the frame. Due to access I can only seem to use the "small sledge"..For now I will work on getting the wipers working lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking of that as well.. I could pound it with the pipe to relive some frustration!