'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, the truck engine has arrived! It is a 385 SBC (stroker 383) with 193 heads, Summit 1102 cam, Edelbrock intake..It "should" produce around 500 lbs of torque at around 1500 rpm. I also finished up the majority of cab/dash wiring setup..next up is the the rear wiring/gas tank lines.. here is the video
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I spent most of one day organizing all the parts, the bed was getting clogged up. I put a lot of unused interior parts into plastic bins hoping that one day our trucks will become square body valuable lol...I then removed the gas tank (for the 2nd time) and got it steam cleaned. At the same time I got my 34 inch wide rad pressure tested at the rad shop. The rad turned out to be a leaker and I scrapped it. I will keep looking for another or get a new one..I then removed all the old fuel lines etc and started running the wiring to the rear of the truck. So far I can use most of the original plastic brackets and wire loom which makes things easier. I also had a "helper" (my son) come by my garage and showed me some tips on the steering wheel..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, I couldn't get any of my gas tank sending units to work. I bought one without a fuel pump and it works properly. I also am getting more of the wiring done to the rear. I sandblasted and POR-15 painted the dually "flare lights", they tend to get really rusty lol. I made a video about installing a external fuel gauge..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks Jermaine! I also started to wire in the various running lights

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm kinda in a personal debate/decision on pulling the trigger on cab lights for my 2500. Just not a 100 percent yet.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, Yes Jermaine it would be a good upgrade for the cab lights! I don't know how much work it would be though, as you would have to drill the holes (properly distanced of course) and run the wires. I actually was fortunate in that the truck already came equipped with the cab lights (the text colour matches the lights eh lol). I believe the cab lights were a factory option? I also have some extra lights on the tail gate so I am unsure if that is something someone added?

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I finished up the flare "lights wiring", that took awhile! Next up; I completed the tail light wiring. I used a 7 outlet junction trailer wiring box as a way of distributing the wiring. It will make diagnosing wiring problems easier as well as installing more wiring. I bought the junction box at a garage sale a few years ago unsure if I would ever use it. It is coming in handy now! Next up is wiring the trailer brake controller unit, installing the bumpers and trailer hitch, wiring the trailer plug and license plate, and then hopefully figuring out the dome light situation.
Here is a video as well..