'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can rarely tow in OD myself as the load takes the trucks to the brink of a downshift. The cruise isn't smart enough to let the truck slow a little up a hill to avoid a downshift or to lift after a downshift to allow an upshift to shut it the hell up.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Ah yes, I heard it is hard on the OD trans..I am using a TH-400 so I might be OK

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I installed the Speedway fuse panel, I started on the ignition switch which uses the existing switch on the steering column. You have to wire the speedway switch connectors into the existing tabs. I think I figured it out? I also believe I am missing my neutral safety switch..

You must be registered for see images attach

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figuring out the above wiring situation thanks to Brandon and other group members! It is great to have such help!
here is the ignition switch working..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I am chugging along on the other wiring in the cab. I will use some of the original gauges and tap into them using this technique from Eric the car guy (see link below).. I am not going do a massive custom gauge package, I will just incorporate the missing gauges into the dash. I will re-use the original gas gauge and volt meter.

The engine is getting closer to being done, I bought a Edelbrock # 2104 intake manifold for my TBI heads and it fits well. The engine builder also changed the valve seals as the ones that came in the kit were too small. I am hoping to have the cab wired and perhaps the rear of the truck wired by the end of May..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Newest video if anyone is interested..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I am starting to mock in all the gauges etc and building brackets. still chugging along..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
still chugging along, I am hoping to install radio soon. I found a dash piece that surrounds the instrument cluster that didn't have broken "ears"..I wash going to dye it but it seems like the dye would turn out more white than beige. Wiring takes time to do right--lol

Last edited:

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
new vid..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
A friend of mine parted out a '92 awhile ago. His wife wanted him to get rid of the parts and he was nice enough to donate them to the cause! I got a some new parts like a filler tube and rubber hose, Windstar electric fans, grill, seats gas tank, etc!! I didn't get any pics but here is a video