88-98 Heavy Duty Headlight Harness Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing this harness you have for a week now and I am trying to figure out the difference between yours and the one from LMC. I called LMC yesterday and they told me their harness uses 10awg wire. I find this hard to believe since their kit is only $30 and its made in China I bet. Can you give me some insight on your harness a little more as it compares to the LMC one? I do like the 4hi mod so your harness is a lot more appealing at the moment since its all in one setup.

Also, the kicker for me is that I have all the 14awg wire AND the 9006/9005 sockets. I just need relays. I just don't have a wiring diagram at the moment and Im pressed for time.

Thanks for your interest! And welcome to the forum. There are several differences between my harness's, and the harness's that LMC truck sells. The very big factor is the quality of the harness itself, as well as the quality of the components used to build the harness. LMC Truck's Harness may use "10"awg" wire for there single power wire. However, I use TWO 10AWG Wires to get power from the battery to the HD Harness, which results in guaranteeing the harness gets plenty of voltage from the battery, to relay the 13.8V+ of power to the headlights. Allowing your headlights to get the full power they NEED. My HD harness's also utilize 14 gauge marine grade wire to ensure that you never have problems with corrosion or anything else of that nature... ever. EVERY connection is cleanly soldered and heat shrunk to provide the best connection possible, and is 100% plug n play, so there is no need to cut ANY wires what so ever!

Also, the harness's are completely wrapped with heat resistant conduit loom. So there is no dangling wires, and makes for a very clean installation. And no need to worry about the elements coming in contact with the harness. I personally make every one of these harness's, and there made of the best components possible. Also they include complete install directions (LMC truck's directions are in Chinese), and I stand behind my product because I build everyone of these to the highest grade possible! If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO there is no comparision. I have never actually had an LMC harness but have had other chinese made ones. You will wind up replacing that LMC harness within a year I bet. This HD harness is much better built and well worth the extra $ over the LMC or any other offshore brand. The quality of the components, construction of the harness and most of all after sale support are 100x better than you will get anywhere else.

Thank you Paul! :handshake:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Paul! :handshake:

No problem, a great product deserves praise. But I better stop I guess or they will think Im being paid off to be your cheerleader! :D :lol:

I also want to add that alot of this chinese wire may appear to be whatever gauge they claim, but the insulation will be 2x as thick as what it should be resulting in a 10 ga wire really only being able to hold up to a 12 ga standard or worse sometimes. This is another way they can save on production costs and sell stuff so cheap, the wire looks the same size but is much cheaper to make because the insulation really dosent cost anything compared to the copper.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a Heavy Duty harness from Baron (Mean Green) because of the quality and service he provides.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also can't speak highly enough of the customer service from Baron. Another thing you didn't mention is the avalaible 4 hi and 6 hi mod that he can build into the harness. So you don't have to cut up your new harness to have the 4 hi mod (a must for OBS).

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed the HD harness yesterday and am very impressed... the kit is very nice.. install was easy and the result is great.. my factory lights are super bright and the 4 hi mod is awesome for these dark country roads out here... This kit should be the foundation of all headlight improvements.. anything I do from here on out will only be that much better.. like aftermarket headlights, hid's, etc, etc.

Great job on the kit, Baron.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of the location of the factory headlight harness where this kit splices into? Is there a plug or something that can just be unplugged or does the kit require the user to splice into the wiring coming from the switch?

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It connects to one side of the factory harness to use the factory headlight switch... Completely plug and play no splicing...

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of the location of the factory headlight harness where this kit splices into? Is there a plug or something that can just be unplugged or does the kit require the user to splice into the wiring coming from the switch?

Plug and play means no splicing.. it's an awesome kit,, you should get one. (Baron didn't pay me to say that either)

Status
Not open for further replies.