88-98 Heavy Duty Headlight Harness Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1988 - 1998 Chevy and GMC Heavy Duty Headlight Harness. What the harness does is this; The way all 1988 - 1998 GM trucks headlights are designed is to draw power for your headlights from the headlight switch in the dash using small 16 - 18 Gauge wire for power. Which results in a lot of lost voltage, and also the danger of melting wires or your headlight switch with upgraded headlights such as HID's.

Now what the HD Harness does is this:, by using 3 relays (1 for the high beam, 1 for the low beams, and 1 for the 4-High feature) it draws power directly from the battery and uses 12 Gauge american made wire to power the headlights from the relay and gives your headlights 13.8 volts +. Which will result in having brighter, and safer headlights! The harness' are 100% "plug n' play", there is no cutting of the original factory wiring what-so-ever. Also, if you have HID's and have issues with "flickering" this will clear up that issue. These harness' also have 4-High relay built in, so the low beams stay on with the high beams, which also increases your night time visibility!

These are not a low end cheap harness like the so called "Relay Harness'" that various Internet retailers sell. These are complete NEW high quality true Heavy Duty Headlight Harness', that replaces your factory Headlight harness (but the factory headlight harness can remain on the vehicle). ALL of the connections are cleanly soldered and heat shrunk to provide the best connection possible. The HD Harness comes with complete directions on how to install the HD Harness kit. If you have any questions feel free to contact us!

The Harness's are $98.95 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

You must be registered for see images attach

(Close Up Showing the headlight Connectors)

(Close Up Showing the female 9005 and 9006 Connectors for a 100% Plug n Play System)

MADE IN THE USA
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM or post in this thread!

To Order: Simply send me a PM or email with your PayPal address (If you'd like to pay via PayPal) and I will send you an invoice via PayPal with the total! A USPS Postal Money order also works for payment if you prefer that route.

Thanks for looking,
Baron
Aka "Mean Green"

You can also contact me via email at: [email protected]
Or by phone at: (320) 249 8788

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the reason the lights on my new to me '98 were so horrible was because I needed new housings. Guess this will help a ton before I replace them.

Can you do this harness with the 4 HI mod already in it? What would a shipped price on that be?

Thanks,
Paul

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I think the HD harness above is a Heavy Duty 4-Hi harness, so it's the 4-Hi with the HD harness option. If my assumption is correct, then it'd be $79 shipped to you bluex.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a great deal if thats the case, but wouldnt it need another relay for the 4hi mod?
The truck is still going to drop out the low beam turn on feed that this harness hooks to when you hit the brights. Thats the reason for the other relay, it gives a turn on feed to the lows so they stay on.

This is just my understanding of how the system works, I could be wrong thats why I was asking. :)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Since this is mean green's thingy, I'll let him chime in on that, because I'm lost, lol. Where is he anyways?!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the reason the lights on my new to me '98 were so horrible was because I needed new housings. Guess this will help a ton before I replace them.

Can you do this harness with the 4 HI mod already in it? What would a shipped price on that be?

Thanks,
Paul

The way this harness is set up is that it utilizes 2 relays; one relay to activate the high beam and one relay for the low beam. So they still function the same as the factory (ie low beams are off when the high beams are on). However I can install an additional relay in the harness to accomplish the 4-High feature. The HD harness' are 100% plug n' play. So you don't have to do any cutting of the factory wiring what-so-ever. If you're interested in a kit, PM for additional details. If you would like the 4-high kit pre-installed in the kit, it would be an additional $15. Thank you for your interest!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pm coming your way then. Yes I would like the 4-hi mod put in the harness, seems it would be a much easier install and be cleaner looking.

Thanks
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.