88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're full power I guess, up down back and forward, then recliner, I had to elevate the drivers side about an inch, they sit really low, but I can jack them all the way up probably past the stockers, had to drill 4 new holes, passenger side had to shim the outside because it was in the gully, and **** the seat belt roller off to an angle.. Strangely driver side did not go that far out, and didn't bother the seat belt base, doesn't really matter though I took seat belts out of the bimmer also, so it would all look legit in the end, I'll have to get better pictures tomorrow in the day light, put some jk bumper washer type plates under the floor to increase the area it was pulling up on with the bolts, have to set them forward a pretty good bit further then the other brackets, I feel like there's more room, might just be how I ride. I'm 6'4" my brothers 6'3" and he agreed... yeah i liked the BMW seats, mom had a z3 and then got a 09 335, always thought they were sick but honestly because I rode around in these for about 4 years before I put them in the truck, my brother totaled his 328 and the previous owner was a BMW shop Foreman and dumped some money into the car, insurance company screwed him around and denied his claim, so can't beat some badass free power leather buckets... Edit for typing faster then the phone can keep up and accidentally submitting before I was done..

Last edited:

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry been working 10-12 hour days between watching kiddo and sleep haven't had time to clean it up, pics were while I was taking a water break, so I didn't pull the kiddos seat out or anything but they are almost 20 years old, so got some wear and tear but I think they have held up pretty good thus far. If you want diff pics be specific to what your looking for, I would have shown you under can but my arm barely fits under frame so it would have just been random pics doesn't look very good yet, gonna come back later with bolt plates welded to the floor with nuts from the top when time money and baby sitter work out right, the foam on the side of the speaker box was my little girl helping put the seats in, box used to be finished better but I am going to make a box for a second dub7 so I did some hacking on it trying some things out, just haven't been able to afford another $700 sub yet

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
...they are almost 20 years old.

The advantage of leather!
While the initial cost of the leather itself is about 2.5-3X the cost of vinyl, (or more!) vinyl would never look as good after 20 years. Leather seats outa Euro vehicles lasts longer too, due to the way the euro cows are raised & the way that their hides tanned & treated specifically for upholstery or clothing articles, (separate processes) as opposed to North & South American leather, which is a by-product of cows being raised for food. The consideration of the hides & their end usage is secondary to food production.

Last edited: