88-89 Braided Fuel Line Routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled the fuel lines( stainless braided PTFE) to have them new ones built at a local place and noticed two clamps ( one on the feed and one on the return) were not mounted. It appears they most likely attached on the back of the block somewhere. Also, there is what looks like a heat shroud close bellhousing, where does this thing attach? I had it bolted to the bell housing, but it was a PIA to remove. Had to drop the front shaft. I put it there surely that is not the right spot.

Love how PO never put anything back right.

Does anyone know the proper routing and mounting points? Would like me new lines to be routed properly and actually secured.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The fuel lines attach at a small clamp on a stud through the bellhousing to the engine, near the top left, the length of the line will pretty much dictate which exact one it is as it will likely only reach one of them without fighting it. If I can find one of my old pics that shows it I'll post it up.

The heat shield you're describing, if it's a few inches long and has two bolt hole tabs on it (IIRC), that will go on the passenger side of the bellhousing down low and it's for the starter solenoid and knock sensor wiring.

Richard

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best I could find from my restoration gallery [emoji6]
Cab and bed off, RCLB
You must be registered for see images attach

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk