$800 - 89 K1500 Silverado - negleted to useful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
I finally got the new speedometer gear in. And now, the trip meter isn't working. It's better than before and I can finally get an idea on gas mileage. I'm not going to go back into it until I get some new panels. My current ones are so old and brittle I get nervous every time I work on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

MaqTruck

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about taking off the rubber bumpers on front of the bumper. I think the truck will look a lot cleaner that way.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
Nice work and congrats on bringing another one back from the edge. How does it happen to have the six bolt wheels. Was that an option on 1500's?
Thanks man. I don't know about the wheels/hubs. I'm sure it's the original setup though. I guess I have a some research to do. I bet I could find the answer on this forum.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice work and congrats on bringing another one back from the edge. How does it happen to have the six bolt wheels. Was that an option on 1500's?
Cause it's a K series 4x4. Those are the early style alloy wheels, before the sawblades. Guess you could call them "asterisks".

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cause it's a K series 4x4. Those are the early style alloy wheels, before the sawblades. Guess you could call them "asterisks".

Thanks HWB I knew there had to be a reason and you have surely owned enough of these trucks to know. I am plodding along with my first one and learning every day.

89GMC4by

Reaction score
My windshield wipers had a mind of their own. I took it apart and found a broken trace. During my research, I learned that the early GMT400s have a different style pulse board than the later years. So, I decided to install the newer style wiper pulse board. At this point the quarantine was getting to me and I had gotten bored enough to make a video of it (linked below). Enter new quarantine hobby...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My wipers have a mind of their own in my ‘89. Sometimes they work right away, sometimes it’s a few miles down the road, sometimes it’s never. Wonder if this may be the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89GMC4by

Reaction score
I finally got around to fixing the broken odometer. It turned out to be gear connected to the "number tumbler". A less cracked gear from a junkyard cluster worked for a day. I will install the new gear I ordered in the coming weeks. For the interested, I documented what I it in a video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk