$800 - 89 K1500 Silverado - negleted to useful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
I have been a lurker and a taker from this forum for over a decade. It has inspired me and helped me with the 5 GMT400s I have owned over the years. THANK YOU to everyone who contributes to this forum. This is my favorite era truck and I never see that changing.

It is finally time for me to contribute.
My latest truck is an 89 K1500 I picked up a little over a year ago. The picture below is the day I purchased it. It ran but needed a lot of work. I tackled the important stuff during the first few weeks of ownership. Brakes, u-bolts and exhaust work were needed to get it registered.

You must be registered for see images attach

I will try to keep this playlist updated as I make progress as well. I suspect that as COVID restrictions relax, I will make less videos (pictures are easier). But for now, I'll try to keep it up.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7N0OSFkZShEkMw-Vn9qTs-2MOXpnSAfo

Last edited:

MaqTruck

Reaction score
The pictures below are of the brake work. I don't have good pictures of it. But the rust around the u-bolts was so bad that the axle tube also rusted through. So, I had to replace the rear end.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
The old tint also had to go.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
The main reason I got a regular cab short bed was that my Extended cab C2500 was tool long for my new driveway. I also also got it painted to make it more presentable in my new neighborhood. The paint made the truck look better than it actually is.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
My windshield wipers had a mind of their own. I took it apart and found a broken trace. During my research, I learned that the early GMT400s have a different style pulse board than the later years. So, I decided to install the newer style wiper pulse board. At this point the quarantine was getting to me and I had gotten bored enough to make a video of it (linked below). Enter new quarantine hobby...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media