$800 - 89 K1500 Silverado - negleted to useful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
The window trim looked worse with the new paint. It gave me motivation to replace it.

You must be registered for see images attach

MaqTruck

Reaction score
I got tired of fuel splashing every time I filled up so I investigated the problem. What I thought was a filler neck issue turned out being a vent tube issue. It was a more involved process than it needed to be. But, when you have a tight workspace, you do what you have to do.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MaqTruck

Reaction score
Beautiful little truck! A lot like mine. Ain't never seen U-bolts rust so bad to where it caused the axle tubes to rust out too.

Shame you didn't repaint it with the original colors though.
I have had a couple say that to me. The original colors were cool. The painter had left over paint from a previous job. So I saved a bit of money.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the new paint color...sort of looks unique.

And the fact that's new paint, shiny and all looks way better than any worn out, faded paint, I think. So you did well, especially if you saved money on the paint job!

I didn't know NC was part of the rust belt...

MaqTruck

Reaction score
I like the new paint color...sort of looks unique.

And the fact that's new paint, shiny and all looks way better than any worn out, faded paint, I think. So you did well, especially if you saved money on the paint job!

I didn't know NC was part of the rust belt...
The guy I bought it from is from Boston. I think he brought it down with him. I'm pretty sure he was on the verge of junking it.

MaqTruck

Reaction score
I finally got around to fixing the broken odometer. It turned out to be gear connected to the "number tumbler". A less cracked gear from a junkyard cluster worked for a day. I will install the new gear I ordered in the coming weeks. For the interested, I documented what I it in a video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media