73 & up engine shells to fit clamshell motor mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I prefer the clamshell rubber/steel motor mounts for safety, but I am needing the stamped steel 3 hole shell that sides over them, called mount shell, shackle or bracket. eBay sells these but are too narrow for metal to metal engine mount. This has to work softer so my wife will drive it.
These type provide for a 5" grade 8 bolt to slide in front to rear or rear to front depending on the room.
These shells are used on a 1973 & up trucks / vans with a 5.7L V8, also Pont, Olds, Buick from 71 - 96 on certain models. I would guess they fit a lot of engines, but with the swaps going on maybe tossed in the corner or scrap bucket. I'm in Omaha and trying to get a second vehicle running before the Dr calls with a scheduled 4th fusion L3-L2 this time, as hospitals open this week. Hate to go low, but my son won't help me at the salvage yard, he's mad because I won't fix his stuff right now. I am 6'3", my back starts burning when I bend for a few minutes. Thanks for any reply's or questions in case someone is unclear on part. This goes between the engine on top of the rubber motor mount.