$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Ok, I had to go back and look..... I saw where you posted about the sheetmetal in the What did you do today thread, and Cokeman95 posted right after you saying he did a Hydroboost swap and I skipped over the part where it was another persons post....Oops. :3811797817_8d685371

I'm guessing you have a JB8 RPO.
I figured that’s what happened because I was reading Cokeman95’s thread at the same time lmao

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Went and did a few small things this morning

Installed the battery tray
You must be registered for see images attach

Scrubbed down the plastics with dawn soap and an old dish sponge

Finally took apart the damaged panels so I can get them out of the yard before the landlord starts complaining.

A couple things I’ve discovered during this adventure. First, this truck still had Dexcool in it, so it’s safe to say I’ll be replacing the water pump and intake gaskets soon. Next, I think I’ve gotten as far as I can go until I go to the pick n pull for a new headlight harness. If I install much more, I’ll just have to remove it again when I get the harness.

I guess for the rest of the week I’ll just work on some of the other problem areas on this thing.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
But funny story, about 3 or so years ago, I still had my 99 GMT400, we were walking through Walmart and I seen an air filter on the clearance shelf. Lo and behold, it was the correct filter for my truck, so I bought it. But later that week, I traded the 99 in on a 2010 and this filter has been sitting in the same spot since then. I’ve almost gave it away a few times when I was cleaning shop, but never did....fast forward to now, and now, once again, I have a new air filter that fits my truck lol.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Looking good. When I was at that point I routed everything carefully and used a ton a zip ties, along with friction tape and loom. Anything that rubbed metal I used rubber inserts lol

Yes sir, definitely going to loom and zip tie the hell out of everything

frito-bandito

Reaction score
When I removed the old core support, there was one casualty, the condenser.... I have the worst luck with these stupid AC fittings on these trucks. But at least I was able to save the line.

Typical result of me messing with this style fitting

Got it loose!

Never underestimate a (borrowed) pair of name brand channel locks lol

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you know a suburbans core is wider then the pickups. Not sure if the crew cabs have the same size, but when I went to the junk yard to replace my support I noticed the core I brought couldn't fit my condenser. I had to widen the edges on the inside. To fit the condenser.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Did you know a suburbans core is wider then the pickups. Not sure if the crew cabs have the same size, but when I went to the junk yard to replace my support I noticed the core I brought couldn't fit my condenser. I had to widen the edges on the inside. To fit the condenser.
The condenser is wider? I bought the support off of another 3500. If it’s the condenser, does it cool better since there’s more surface area?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also the ac lines got bent a little when my core was installed. They were no longer centered, I figured if they were rubbing against the metal long enough it would become a leak.. I used the smaller condenser rubber mounts to act as a bumper on both sides of the line so it was rubber/ac line/rubber. Since there in a C shape it worked out nice.