$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Earlier in this build, I had an issue with the windows having a “film” or something on them that I couldn’t remove. So that’s why I replaced all of the side windows. But I’ve never addressed the rear window or the windshield. The windshield wasn’t as bad as the side or rear windows, but still had a haze of sorts to it. So this morning I decided to tackle polishing the windshield

I didn’t take before pictures, but here’s the finished product, it’s a huge difference.
You must be registered for see images attach

I’ve tried many things to try and fix these windows, then I seen where @AshleySellsCars use Chemical Guys water spot remover on her suburban, so I figured I’d give it a try. I followed the instructions and....it didn’t work. So then I played around with a buffer some, and discovered that if I use this stuff like a wax or buffing compound, it actually works! Albeit, a time consuming process, but worth it.

This technique does also work on my much worse rear glass, but it takes A LOT of time and patience

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I hadn’t been on here much, had an impromptu trip to NJ last week, so I’ve been spending conscious until that was done.

Anyways, I plan on replacing my AC dryer and recharging my AC to see if I can get it cooler than it currently is this weekend.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I’m also trying to talk the wife into letting me buy this suburban for parts, aiming for the “best offer” part of the asking price lol. This would 100% be everything I need for the power window and lock upgrade…..she doesn’t seem too on board with it….yet

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think about fixing it make sure they have a clean title or at least around here its hard to get broken down cars like that with titles. Its crazy how many say lost the title. And the first one I got parts off of didnt have a title. But she also wouldnt sell the whole thing.

And the one im about to get my hands on doesn't have a title either