6" RCX Vs Better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if money is not really an issue ive seen a DCII with it cranked to 8in and clear 37s no problem...
Plus DC is a FULL 6.5in diff drop while RCX is only a 5.25 as stated previously.
Just things to consider, plus if youre saying that 1700$ is more than what you paid for the truck youre going to spending just about that in 37in tires and rims anyway. right?

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if money is not really an issue ive seen a DCII with it cranked to 8in and clear 37s no problem...
Plus DC is a FULL 6.5in diff drop while RCX is only a 5.25 as stated previously.
Just things to consider, plus if youre saying that 1700$ is more than what you paid for the truck youre going to spending just about that in 37in tires and rims anyway. right?

Well, I might have exaggerated a bit there. I paid $5500 for the truck. What I meant to say is I don't want to spend $2000 on a lift if I can save that money to do a ls1 swap or something alongs that line. I'm pretty much stuck between the pro comp lift and the RCX lift now. As far as I can see though, the pro comp lift is not a full drop kit anyways.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
procomp is a 4in drop with crank required for 6. i like mine but im only at 4inches, ride quality is good and all that but having driving my friends truck with aftermarket keys cranked up im not planning on going another 2.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have a shop locally, BKS Built Trucks, who sells and installs all kinds of lifts. Full Throttle, RCX, Pro-Comp, anything you want really. I was pricing out kits one day and they had nothin bad at all to say about the RCX lift for these trucks. Now..if only I can figure out what lift is in this one..

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my RCX. I started at four inches and have since cranked to six. I do wheel it a little harder than I probably should but it has held up well! My buddy has a ProComp on his 98 and it does sit a lot higher. I'm sure him running 35s and me running 33s has a little to do with that as well