6" RCX Vs Better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1. your swap bar needs to be flipped so your end links remain the same length
2. mount the ebrake under the clip/holder on the frame and ziptie it if it seems too strenuous
3. pics?
4. i havent heard of an offf the shelf one, youll likely have to buy one and get it fabbed up to fit.

Thanks for responses Tyler.

I will try flipping sway bar and relocating brake cable once I get the aal in.

I don't have any pics because we looked at it and didn't even attempt. It just looked unsafe. I may just buy a new coil pack and have shop install AAL with it.

Ok, it looks like I will be going the custom exhaust route. I have a set of headers and a 3.5" cat-back off a Duramax that I will try to make work.

This lift really snowballed on me. Here's a quick pic of it sitting at 4"
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flipping the sway bar is in the lift install instructions, if you flipped once already then don't flip it again, it will make it worse.

I had to move my dr side e brake cable to the opposite side of the spring as it was tight with the block installed.

No pre made y-pipe to clear the driveshaft that I know of. It cost me $50 to have mine modified at a muffler shop...

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flipping the sway bar is in the lift install instructions, if you flipped once already then don't flip it again, it will make it worse.

I had to move my dr side e brake cable to the opposite side of the spring as it was tight with the block installed.

No pre made y-pipe to clear the driveshaft that I know of. It cost me $50 to have mine modified at a muffler shop...

Thank BlueX,

No, I haven't flipped. I guess this is a case of not reading instructions properly.

I may need a custom y-pipe now but good to know they can modify the stock one easily.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
i guess you guys are lucky then, ifs rides nice when its all rebuilt and everythings good, once stuff starts wearing out everything goes south. not that i like solid axles soooo much better but i like the strength of them, and id only do a coil SAS and not leafsprung.

Are you implying a stock 10 bolt front axle is better than a stock 88-98 front end?

The straight axles aren't as good as you think when you compare apples to apples. 80s chevy push pull steering sucks the big one. Weak tie rods, Weak axles shafts, weak diff. It's on about the same level as IFS in my opinion. Run your truck up against an equal 91 k5 and I bet both would do about the same off road.

Stock for stock 3500 IFS vs. dana 60 I would say the solid axle is better. Each brand has had their issues with stock solid axles.

Built IFS vs. Built solid axle. I would take a solid axle, but I have seen some built IFS setups take a ton of abuse.

Solid axle is simpler and cheaper to build up though, which IMO makes it better.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I have a pro-comp 6inch that I like a whole lot. The quality of the materials seem better then the rcx lift my buddy has....

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Are you implying a stock 10 bolt front axle is better than a stock 88-98 front end?

The straight axles aren't as good as you think when you compare apples to apples. 80s chevy push pull steering sucks the big one. Weak tie rods, Weak axles shafts, weak diff. It's on about the same level as IFS in my opinion. Run your truck up against an equal 91 k5 and I bet both would do about the same off road.

Stock for stock 3500 IFS vs. dana 60 I would say the solid axle is better. Each brand has had their issues with stock solid axles.

Built IFS vs. Built solid axle. I would take a solid axle, but I have seen some built IFS setups take a ton of abuse.

Solid axle is simpler and cheaper to build up though, which IMO makes it better.

wasnt comparing those that way. i do agree that a stock push oull steering is crap in its entirety though. solid axle is very easy to build up accept more lift bigger tires etc. ifs is good for the ride, but for solid axle id prefer coils over leafs.