suspension lifts 6 lug vs 8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I know the dif drop brackets are NOT the same on 6 lug and 8 lug trucks. other than that is the rest the same? I ask cause I getting ready to part out and scrap a lifted 1500 that has seen way better days and has all 4 tires in the grave and I would like to use the lift on my k2500 that is 8 lug could I use this kit and just buy the ebay drop bracket for 8 lug dif

MikaelT

Reaction score
Im actually in the process of doing this exact same thing for the same reason lol, seems to be a old version of the rough country lift kit.

lower control arms are the same width and fits perfectly in the new brackets. the diff drop it had installed didnt use a special block to drop it and instead which mount the diff directly to the new rear control bracket and use 2 single shackle-like bracket to drop the front so my 2500 diff actually fitted quite good with minimal trimming to clear some stuff touching.

I would say the real pain in the ass is the upper control arm bracket which need to be modified a lot. ill keep u posted if you would like to know how it turned out.

MikaelT

Reaction score
ill try and take some pics soon but right now my truck is sitting on its wheels with the lift installed. judging by the many rotten and seized hardware on the kit I assume it was installed a long time ago and seems to be different and less ''fancy'' than the current RCX lift currently for sale. but every part bolted on without major issue ( some light shaving here and there ). some fins on the diff had to be trimmed but that is part of the instruction for the K2500 lift kit.

What seemed to work in my favor is the Diff drop bracket which this kit used 2 separate drop bracket that bolt to the original front mounting points at the front, instead of using a block in between the Diff and the mounting bracket and bolt the rear to the new Rear lower control arm beam.

the only real challenge was the upper control arm drop bracket that had to be heavily modified and I wont know how it really turned out until I get it aligned and test drive it but I believe there is sufficient play in the alignment to compensate for some minors imperfections