6" RCX Vs Better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Some people are just completely Anti-IFS. Ya, solid axle is awesome, but if there was something wrong with the IFS system, besides the haters, don't you think GM would have done something about it by now?

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue i have with ifs is the limited amount of lift you can get, well aside from fts

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i guess you guys are lucky then, ifs rides nice when its all rebuilt and everythings good, once stuff starts wearing out everything goes south. not that i like solid axles soooo much better but i like the strength of them, and id only do a coil SAS and not leafsprung.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess you guys are lucky then, ifs rides nice when its all rebuilt and everythings good, once stuff starts wearing out everything goes south. not that i like solid axles soooo much better but i like the strength of them, and id only do a coil SAS and not leafsprung.

just buy a dodge jeez... i kid but on a real note i WOULD love to see GM bring back sfa HD pickups.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
3 years of mudding every weekend in the 96 with 35s on it and never once had any issues with the cv's

same. and i redline my truck and cut the tires before i stop and get a strap, never a single issue..

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score

Nope. Mine rides real nice and nothing's ever had to be rebuilt. But ya, just buy you a Ram or a Jeep, sounds like that's more what you want.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope im not hi-jacking this thread but hope these are relevant:

Hey guys, I just did the 6in RCX on the weekend (sits 4in right now, couldn't get aal in) and I have a few questions for ya.

1. After install, anyone break sb end links? Anyone install extended links and where did you get them? I could barely get mine buttoned up.
2. Anyone have issues with length of the e-brake cable? It looks super tight with just the blocks.
3. Getting that aal in looked dicey. There is so much pre-load, how and what did you use to get them to lay down with the rest of the coil pack?
4. Anyone know where to get an off-the-shelf 2.5in or 3in y-pipe to clear front drive shaft?

Thank you.

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
1. your swap bar needs to be flipped so your end links remain the same length
2. mount the ebrake under the clip/holder on the frame and ziptie it if it seems too strenuous
3. pics?
4. i havent heard of an offf the shelf one, youll likely have to buy one and get it fabbed up to fit.