6.6 LML Duramax Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would image the body swap to not be that hard. But back to the original question, the Duramax and T56 will fit in there fine without a body lift I'm sure. There did do 454s in this body and that's way bigger than the Duramax, 7.4l vs 6.6
That logic is flawed more cubic inches doesnt equal a bigger engine at all not to mention theres no turbo or plumbing or intercooler

LML Duramax 95 Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my bad. If you're counting the turbo plumbing and hardware that should fit fine too with maybe some re routing. They had the 6.5 turbo Detroit diesel in the 90s?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im not tryimg to discourage you at all. A duramax into a 400 can amd has been done. Im just saying a 6.6 takes up more room than a 7.4

LML Duramax 95 Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It being difficult is all the more motivation for me to try and do it personally. The amount of torque that the LML makes is the very reason why this swap is an awesome idea and a terrible idea because the entire drivetrain from the donor truck has to be swapped over including the axles. But then I want a standard and a manual t case so I'll have to get those built up to handle the torque. But doing the axle and suspension swap will be a convenient way up upgrading to struts over leaf and shock

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the donor truck already? If so, who has been funding everything? Even if you are an experienced fabricator at 16 years old, it aint cheap to do something like this.