6.5td mechanical wastegate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. It doesn't sense vacuum. The map sensor doesn't either. The only thing that the pcm knows is if the solenoid (think of it as a switch for the vacuum) isn't working. If you overboost (sensed by map) it will defuel.
So essentially, all I'll be getting is a code 78 and that's that? Interesting... Well I guess I'll just have to try then, and while the potentiometer is a cool idea, I'll just gut the vacuum actuator, put in a spring and a washer and a nut on top for adjust. Well, after I install the boost gauge I've had laying around for months now [emoji28]

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd suggest replace the gm-x turbo. It runs high exhaust drive pressures. Bad for heads and motor. Hx35 is a good little set up for us.

If you tow get a egt and boost. But in a stock. 6.5 block keep it below 10-12 psi or pay the piper. It'll happen one day.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd suggest replace the gm-x turbo. It runs high exhaust drive pressures. Bad for heads and motor. Hx35 is a good little set up for us.

If you tow get a egt and boost. But in a stock. 6.5 block keep it below 10-12 psi or pay the piper. It'll happen one day.
We'll see, maybe some day, a friend from work had a suburban a few years back with a holset and 400hp and over 900Nm's... Which is very up my alley, if I could only afford it [emoji23]
And yea, I know, 1bar is the max in this case, which is daily driving. Kinda funny, my merc varied from 1.4 to 1.8 bars if I remember correctly, with a smaller snail and a 2.1 cdi 4 banger [emoji848]

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It needs the boost to make up for displacement. My 3.0L diesel makes well over 30 psi. On a 6.5 don't exceed 300 RWHP or.......

And a factory block leave it at turbo maybe intercooler big pipe exhaust and a cold air intake and lower boost. Not even 1 bar.

IIRC 14.6 is 1 bar correct?

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you set your manual wastegate to only allow as much boost as the factory system did, you wont have any overboost codes and the computer wont know the difference.

What year is it?

Make sure you have strong lift pump pressure.

Check out the offerings from www.leroydiesel.com and www.quadstartuning.com