6.5 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yes, by all means, dont pull with a 6.5L. :)

over 300K on the engine.

View media item 31192
26,680 lbs total combination weight. 150 mile trip, right down the state highway. BONE EFFING STOCK! It is a factory 5 speed though. I credit alot of my good 6.5L luck with having 5 speeds in every one of them.

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Austin 1994 As much as I love the 6.5L, I vote against the swap. If you want a 6.5L, buy one in a vehicle allready equipped with one. Preferably one with a matching paint scheme. :)

I am all about keeping things original, IDK about others but the only way I would by a swap job is to part out.

sbdsr

Reaction score
you won't find many answers here. i'll pm a couple of sites that you will get the answers you deserve.

I'm looking for the same sort of information, could you PM me as well and if anybody knows of any shops that do the conversion I'd be interested in seeing that as well....

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Austin 1994 As much as I love the 6.5L, I vote against the swap. If you want a 6.5L, buy one in a vehicle allready equipped with one. Preferably one with a matching paint scheme. :)

I am all about keeping things original, IDK about others but the only way I would by a swap job is to part out.
I agree with this. If I found a great deal on a well maintained 6.5 I'd do it. But if you're going to do a swap it makes no sense. It's like having your tape deck go out and spending a thousand dollars to swap in an 8 track player.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
If you will be paying a shop to do it, I would vote against it. You will be far better off time and money to just finding a running diesel truck.

However if you will be doing the swap yourself, I say go for it. You have the donor truck for all the pieces. It will be a great learning experience if nothing else. And At nearly one million miles, that truck deserves something new.

Although if it were me. I would put money into making the 2500 run and have two rigs. And you get your 6.5.