6.5 down for the count

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tannerite44

Reaction score
So I'm new to forums and asken for help. But I have a 95 with a 6.5 turbo n love the mileage i get with it. Long story short thermostat stuck on me had to get home ran it hot for longer that I should have now I have cracked heads. Would it be worth it to put new heads on it n run it. Cyl 8 a little washed, (no cross hatch marks ). Besides that looks good. It has 160k on it been serviced regularly just dont know what to do. Thanks

Ricky8680

Reaction score
"worth it" is your call,if you could find heads cheap (treasure yard) you could probably knock it all down,hone n' ring it,and run it ,or you could also slap heads on and runnit. Depends on how much you care about it really,I'd consider how it was running for you before it overheated,if you knows it mechanically sound and you really like the motor,save it,if not,pull a new one and swap er' or find an upgrade and swap er',all depends on what YOU think is worth it