6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing is, I see what is out there now, and it just isn't what these trucks are. I have a co worker with a 2017 ectra cab Silverado. It is a nice truck. Looks grate. Has the tech, but about 1 month age, he was at the store, when a shopping cart bumped his truck. Not only did it leave a scratch ( that was removed with some compound), but it put a dent in the body, and door. This was a shopping cart that just bumped the truck. The body panels asr so thin as a way to save weight, that they wont hold up to much, but there is also the fact that you can't work on anything anymore. I don't like letting someone else work on my truck, because of the fact that, a lot of people are idiots. They think they know something, but in fact know only what they have learned in repair school. This is one of the main reasons I refuse to replace my 97. Hell just dealing with the front end allignment on my 97, shows me just how stupid a lot of techs are. Zero camber, is zero camber. But the OE specs say set it to +.50 plus or minus .50. So you can be at 0 camber to + 1 camber and still be in spec. If you set it to that, it eats tires. I always tell them to set my camber to zero. A straight tire is better on my truck, but I play hell getting them to understand this. I should know what works, I have had this truck for 16 years, and before that I had a WT for 10 years. After 26 years, you kind of get to know what works, and what doesn't.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I wouldn't send this truck down the road.

Yes it's an old truck, but it's practically brand new from all the work you've put in; like you said, you've almost got all the kinks worked out.

New trucks; I've spent some time walking around dealerships the past few weekends, and these newer trucks look nice, but they feel cheap, and have ridiculous price tags for what they are; almost 70K for a Duramax!? **** that noise, and gassers aren't any cheaper.
Hell, even GMT800s are selling for stupid prices nowadays. GMT400s are cheap, plentiful, and the amount of aftermarket support and general knowledge on these trucks you can build one to fit your exact idea.

So hard no on selling it from me; but I'm biased cause this truck is slicker than owl **** on a sheet of ice.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't send this truck down the road.

Yes it's an old truck, but it's practically brand new from all the work you've put in; like you said, you've almost got all the kinks worked out.

New trucks; I've spent some time walking around dealerships the past few weekends, and these newer trucks look nice, but they feel cheap, and have ridiculous price tags for what they are; almost 70K for a Duramax!? **** that noise, and gassers aren't any cheaper.
Hell, even GMT800s are selling for stupid prices nowadays. GMT400s are cheap, plentiful, and the amount of aftermarket support and general knowledge on these trucks you can build one to fit your exact idea.

So hard no on selling it from me; but I'm biased cause this truck is slicker than owl **** on a sheet of ice.

Fair enough and there is truth in what you say, which is probably why I still own it :) My particular shortcoming is I won't leave a stock truck stock and so even a $70k new one will become even more expensive. When I am feeling weak I tell myself, self I says, a new truck depreciates $20k in the first year and you can do an awful lot of work on a paid for truck with that kind of money... :Big Laugh: That cures me until the next time I feel weak or the truck pushes my button again. Cheers

Oh yea, I forgot - I ain't rich and I hate banks and paying interest :)

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to step forward on this and advise you keep the truck - you don’t get much for $10k out in the market, so you are in fact giving away your truck, which doesn't really make much sense.
Plus, it is a really nice looking ride.
Of course if you are rich or love banks, please disregard this free advice.:)
Cheers

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
To put everyone's minds at ease! I didn't sell it! The guy was an ok feller, but I don't think he quite grasped what he was buying. Anyway he and his wife decided that $10k was too much to put into a 18 yr old truck! His loss! But it's opened my eyes. I'm gonna keep it. As @BowtieBrody said, it's practically brand new! I know I said it wasn't practical, but I'm gonna lift this thing! Rough Country finally released there 6" lift! At $1000 I think it a great deal from a reputable company! I'm gonna order it in the coming weeks. (Gotta recuperate from fixing the damn Honda Odyssey! $1100:banghead:) Check it out! What do you guys think?

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-sus...MIlcvQxNfy2gIVwwOGCh2f9gBPEAQYASABEgKz1fD_BwE

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you are still part of the herd!

Note: I recently put the pro comp 6 " kit in/under DasBoat and it required ladder bars to quell the drive line alignment induced vibration in the rear end under heavy acceleration/load - didn't eliminate it but it certainly reduced it considerably. It was not there before the lift and the shop that did the install is very competent. The BB tq + lift kit was deemed the significant factor. You may wish to consider adding a set of bars to your purchase. Lousy pic is during install of ladders. Cheers
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score

Note: I recently put the pro comp 6 " kit in/under DasBoat and it required ladder bars to quell the drive line alignment induced vibration in the rear end under heavy acceleration/load - didn't eliminate it but it certainly reduced it considerably. It was not there before the lift and the shop that did the install is very competent. The BB tq + lift kit was deemed the significant factor. You may wish to consider adding a set of bars to your purchase. Lousy pic is during install of ladders. Cheers
You must be registered for see images attach
I'll definitely keep that in mind! Thanks for the info!

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I second that.

I don't read your thread for a few weeks and then I read you mentioning sell? What the hell. Would be a sad way to end your thread after all the hard work that has gone in. Glad to read you're back on the lift it band wagon tho. Mods never end. I keep checking fleabay for a reasonably priced LM7 - not that I need it but y'know that extra 100hp under your right foot. It never ends.