6.0 block &heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olblue97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys I got a 6.0 from my buddy and have some questions. First off it has casting # 317 heads,are these good?I also want to keep my stock tranny,built up of course,and get around 400 hp. This will be a week end driver and drove to a truck show every once in a while.What will I need to mate this with my 97 4L60E?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
317's are good heads, i know a few guys running them on thier ls1's with turbos. i think all youll need is an adapter plate to mate them together. not entirely sure

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what year the motor is and what crank you have in it. If it's one of the early 6.0's with the spacer made into the crank (also called the "long crank"), then you'll need a custom built converter to mount a 4L60E due to the design of its converter vs. the 4L80E. If it is a later 6.0L with a separate spacer between the crank and flywheel, all you should need is a 4L60E flywheel. You also have to repin the connector for the LS computer to run the earlier 4L60E.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be the long one.... you'll need a TC built for that combination, or a later model 6.0L crank, or to simply use a 4L80E. Your call!

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you want a nice converter with that swap might as well get one custom made while you're at it