5.7L Cold Air Intakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This.
You must be registered for see images attach

Although the one on the right has had the bottom opening modded, too

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
When you remove that stupid restricter, make sure you take it around the block, or somewhere where there is no traffic, & drive it a bit so you can get used to the different throttle response. When I did mine, it took a little getting used to. Even with a 4.3, the difference was quite noticeable. G.M. put that thing in there in order to flatten out the torque curve & to coddle the masses. They were designed because of the lowest common denominater. The same reason dumb-ass laws are passed by the government. Get it out of there!

Hmm, that is very interesting. Which aftermarket restricter do you recommend? The one linked?

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
This.
You must be registered for see images attach

Although the one on the right has had the bottom opening modded, too

It says on the website it's less than $50 but when you go to the online store it's nearly $200..

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
No need for an aftermarket one. Mod the one ya got. Free to do, works the same as.

Do you have any advise or tips? I'm not sure if it's a good idea to turn myself loose with internal engine components and a grinder. lol

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
then do some research man, read articles and write ups, you all on here seem to not do much searching before you all want to do stuff.