5.7 Solid Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

What?

Reaction score
I'm only seeing conversion from LS/and other motor but not only just only for 5.7

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't think of any application where solid mounts would actually be an improvement over the OEM clamshells.

Too bad there aren't any OEM clamshells available any more. They were wonderful.

The aftermarket clamshells are flimsy garbage.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Offroad Design's make a solid set. I have some, just haven't put them in yet. Made extremely well with polyurethane bushings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can they be "solid" if they have Poly bushings?

I tried to put Energy Suspension Poly inserts into my OEM clamshells a couple of years ago. The ES inserts weren't even close to the OEM rubber inserts for shape and size.

Photos 1 and 2. ES Polyurethane mount insert compared to OEM rubber insert.
http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Engine_Mounts_01.jpg
You must be registered for see images attach

http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Engine_Mounts_02.jpg
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clever, but clearly NOT "solid" mounts.

Whether they're an "improvement" or merely "different and profitable" is something I'm not able to discern. As a wild guess, I'd say they're better/stronger than the common <$20 aftermarket clamshells, but then the aftermarket clamshells are a complete disaster--very thin stamped-steel and a rubber insert of questionable quality.

The big question is whether they're stronger than the OEM clamshells, which were made out of much thicker steel. The OEM rubber insert does get beat-up over time. It's a shame that ES doesn't make a proper Poly insert that fits like the original.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, "solid" seems like a bad idea. Maybe that's not the right word?

So there's a stamped steel frame mount (clamshell?) That goes over the frame mounting ears or something like that, right?

Then there's a mount that goes between that end the engine (engine mount?) The engine mount has some sort of material that absorbs/isolates vibration from the engine and road bumps, etc. Also allows for a bit of engine rotation when you need to unbolt transmission bell housing bolts for removal.