5.7 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N.Y. 93 5.7

Reaction score
ok i have a 93 GMC EX-Cab with a 5.7 and a 5 speed... i want to know with just bolt on parts how to get 500 horse and about the same torque. please help me thank you.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The easiest way would be to unbolt your 5.7 and drop in a ZZ502 and convert to a carb. That will only give you 500 to the flywheel. The only "bolt on" that could come close to that kind of power out of a TBI 5.7 motor is twin turbos, and you will still have to upgrade the fuel system and change to a MPFI setup like TPI or an Pro Flo unit with aftermarket fuel management, and will still probably grenade the bottom end in the attempt. Bottom line is speed costs money, and you'll be out some cash any way you slice it.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stock 200hp+300hp nitrous/propane plate+ carb conversion=500hp. NOT recomended but beyond turbos like mentioned above. . . bout only other choice for bolt ons. might last a few times. . . maybe. But vortec heads, lt4 hotcam and headwork, flat tops, carb setup, thermostats, fans, and exhaust should be an upgrade. still only 325hp at best. In short, a factory tbi motor is not a very good motor to start with if your wantin those kinda numbers.

N.Y. 93 5.7

Reaction score
ok take the bolt ons out and just say 500 is the point i want to get to.. how would i get there?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
BUILT 383 with high compression, aftermarket heads, big cam, etc may get you there. Otherwise a big block like the ZZ502 mentioned or if you built up a ls 6.0 it could get to 500hp with heads, cam, pistons, etc