4x4 valence preference?

4x4 valence preference?

• valence

Votes: 69 66.3%
  • no valence

Votes: 35 33.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
265s for both the old and the newer tires. And ya my truck is always dirty. I'm always using it and I just never seem to find the time or remember to wash it. This next check though, the truck will be getting a damn good wash at least once before winter.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks pretty tight like the hooks are pressing on the valance. But I guess if you had a body lift you could do a 454ss fog valence above the tow hooks, that be pretty sweet.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see why not, and I think a little notching would keep it from being pressed up by them. Or space them down more.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People still voting on the poll probably.

This thread did kinda blow up, not really sure why though :lol:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm didn't think of ppl still voting on it.

Sorry man I didn't vote, I have no idea, I'm like you stuck in the middle, some look good, some don't, pros and cons of both, as I said previously, still don't know if I want to leave mine off or buy one to put on it.

I wonder if I can buy one from....LUND...... oops 4 letter word lol(inside joke from another thread) be a shame to have to put self tapping sheet metal screws in my bumper to mount it, I'll just have to cry about it LOL.

SShockwave

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you guys wanted to get a lower valance with fog lights on the cheap you could try the one that's on the LT trim level Astro vans from the early 90s (not the conversion vans). I'm about 90% sure these are the same as the harder to find SS454 fog valances.

FYI the fog light housings are the same as 85-90 Pontiac Trans Am and GTA fog lights.

If you wanted to do something a little more HID, run the fog lights off of a 98-02 Camaro.

I vote valance = front chin spoiler ;)

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you guys wanted to get a lower valance with fog lights on the cheap you could try the one that's on the LT trim level Astro vans from the early 90s (not the conversion vans). I'm about 90% sure these are the same as the harder to find SS454 fog valances.

FYI the fog light housings are the same as 85-90 Pontiac Trans Am and GTA fog lights.

If you wanted to do something a little more HID, run the fog lights off of a 98-02 Camaro.

I vote valance = front chin spoiler ;)

I just went out and measured both since i have an early astro with valance.

my 88 obs was 5"
the astro 4.5"