4wd front lowering parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is out there besides keys for the front of a gmt400 4wd truck for lowering parts. I would like to get to 4 1/2-5" in the front but keys are only about 3 1/2" max

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
thats because you didn't take out the bump stops and either cut them down or replace them with smaller ones

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't gotten anything yet. I know I will need to pull the stops but what else is out there. Keys won't get desired low I seek.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
if you have the factory bump stops in...you can't go any lower because your sitting on your stops...keys will bring you down to 5" after you modify the stops

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have the factory bump stops in...you can't go any lower because your sitting on your stops...keys will bring you down to 5" after you modify the stops

Really, I thought they were all 3" max. Since OBS and NBS drop keys are the same part number I would be correct in assuming 2500HD keys are the same as our drop keys like on the NBS trucks rite? How did yours align with the keys decranked that far? Do you have any issues with the CVs binding?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
no problems as i know of...tire wear is even and all i do is put on some 18"on, to have it lined up and swap to 20's after...been 10 years lowered