4link fit?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l0wNsl0w

Reaction score
bought a kp 4link w/ canti a while back for an 02 swb that i dont own anymore. now i got this 96 ex cab, will the 4link still work on this frame with minor modifications?? ALSO...i was thinkin about possibly back halfing this 96 frame, would the kp still be a good setup if i went that route?? this is my first bag project an im gonna need lots of help to cut down rookie mistakes!

reason im unsure is bc i havent taken the kit out of the box yet in case i need to get rid of it...

Last edited:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
unless you have some pretty good fabrication and welding skills I would say just try to sell that KP kit and get the correct one for your 96. Ekstensive Metal Works and nFamous Air Suspension both make nice kits for the 88-98 trucks that run about $700, nFamous also is making custom pre made back halfs too.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 4-link bars are different on the 88-98 KP kits. they have a slight bend, 3* i think, to compensate for the frame rails tapering back. pretty sure the hanger mounts & canti mounting holes are different also, but that's nothing a welding machine can't solve.
i say sell that one & buy the one you need for that truck.