4L60e vs 4L65e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metaljunkie

Reaction score
With your time constraint, have you considered getting another transmission and building it? You can't tell what may not be reusable until you tear the transmission apart. If you build the other transmission first it will let you build it at your own pace. Once you have the other transmission built it can be easily switched out within your time limits.

metaljunkie

Reaction score
I know how that goes. You might get lucky and find one in your local classifieds for basically scrape value.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's your opinion. Me on the other hand love my monster trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm talking about the kit that let's you re-build the trans yourself, not the whole trans.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I can tell. The quality of my trans is superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I've heard good things too. But most of the opinions I've heard tend to be the pre-built trans, not the DIY kits, that's all.
But I've decided I'll get the monster-in-a-box kit. Would the SS kit be worth the extra $? I want it to be able handle whatever I put in front of it down the road.