4l60e to 4l60e swap problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H8DSOUL

Reaction score
I am sorry about the confusion i oit sourced it because the install was cheaper sorry about not being clear on my explanation sir I didn’t mean to upset you

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry about the confusion i oit sourced it because the install was cheaper sorry about not being clear on my explanation sir I didn’t mean to upset you
Im not upset but it's much harder to get any assistance from any of us if you're not painting a clear and accurate picture.

I only do bench builds so never actually see the vehicles that my rebuilds go back into. Additionally, many of my customers who don't pull/reinstall the transmission have a shop that's different than me perform that work. Some also decide to have 'cores' rebuilt to lessen the time the vehicle is off the road, just like you have in this situation.

But what I initially thought you were describing would never happen with me in that I'd never knowingly rebuild a transmission that isn't correct for the vehicle's application and fitment. When someone calls me up asking for info on rebuilding their transmission, the first thing I ask (if they don't volunteer it first) is,

"What year, make and model" followed closely by,

"What, if any mods like engine swaps, upgrades or power train changes have been made" then lastly,

"How is the vehicle used and what specific requirements do they have, if any"

For a while, it seemed like your transmission shop completely mis-commed and built you a trans that would never have worked in your truck.
Anyway, hope you get it resolved without too much (if any) additional money out of your pocket.

H8DSOUL

Reaction score
Im not upset but it's much harder to get any assistance from any of us if you're not painting a clear and accurate picture.

I only do bench builds so never actually see the vehicles that my rebuilds go back into. Additionally, many of my customers who don't pull/reinstall the transmission have a shop that's different than me perform that work. Some also decide to have 'cores' rebuilt to lessen the time the vehicle is off the road, just like you have in this situation.

But what I initially thought you were describing would never happen with me in that I'd never knowingly rebuild a transmission that isn't correct for the vehicle's application and fitment. When someone calls me up asking for info on rebuilding their transmission, the first thing I ask (if they don't volunteer it first) is,

"What year, make and model" followed closely by,

"What, if any mods like engine swaps, upgrades or power train changes have been made" then lastly,

"How is the vehicle used and what specific requirements do they have, if any"

For a while, it seemed like your transmission shop completely mis-commed and built you a trans that would never have worked in your truck.
Anyway, hope you get it resolved without too much (if any) additional money out of your pocket.
Thank you sir I think my tranny guy will work with me and since the oe is out now he will probably take the one he rebuilt in exchange for doing it at least i hope thats what he will do thank you so much for your input have a great weekend

H8DSOUL

Reaction score
Ok a little more info the person said my truck is a half year truck the problem is my bell housing is ls style and my motor is a vortec at least that is what the installer is telling me the torque converter is a 1/8 of an inch shy of mating to the crank. So in other words the oe tranny is a later model and the new one is ls style any known fixes to adapt the ls style to vortec style? Any input wouls be appreciated

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok a little more info the person said my truck is a half year truck the problem is my bell housing is ls style and my motor is a vortec at least that is what the installer is telling me the torque converter is a 1/8 of an inch shy of mating to the crank. So in other words the oe tranny is a later model and the new one is ls style any known fixes to adapt the ls style to vortec style? Any input wouls be appreciated
Both Gen 1 and Gen 3,4,5 GM V8 pushrod truck engines etc are all "Vortec" so not sure what you're trying to communicate here.

Brass Tax: What engine is in your truck?

Is it a 5.7 Gen 1 SBC or a Gen 3 (4.8/5.3/6.0)?