4l60e issues, looking for knowledge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, just picked up a 05 z71 burb for $600 and drove it home. 182k, has had a couple transmissions in its life according to previous owner. I think I may have a idea of whats going on but I'm no trans pro so looking for advice.

bought truck knowing it would make the 1-2 shift and never attempt the 2-3, I read on line that 4l60e's limp in third gear, to try unplugging trans plug and it should limp to third and third only, well when I do that it is just stuck in 2nd. I also read if that happens the shift solenoid B is most likely stuck on. the 1-2 shift feels great but at wide open throttle it is a little harsh.

now heres the kicker that throws me off my scent. pull codes and get a p0741, heres were I need the pros, if there happened to be a harness issue internally or externally could these issues be related? if solenoid B is stuck on would that cause both? or are we more than likely looking at two separate issues?

I bought this thing as a flip and it has a couple other small issues, worst case I will part it out.

thanks in advance!!