4L60 lock up torque converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Alright so i've Done the driving test for the lockup converter on my 92 K Blazer and it's obvious it's not working. Local mechanics are no help on this one cuz their scanners won't tell them what's wrong therefore they suggest the throw parts at it till it works approach which is not at all in my budget. Basically just wondering what to do next as I have a 2.5 hour trip I'm trying to take to New York next month and don't know how bad this issue is gonna hurt me.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you like me to copy and paste my info from the chat thread to here? FWIW if the switch idea works you could use it on your trip but you would just have to remember to shut it off on hills or when coming to a stop/ downshifting

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basics on how they work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-OFiTUne_M

And a test I found out after a bit of research.

I have found a way to test the TCC while bypassing the ECM and the brake switch. All this will tell you is if the problem is in the wiring to the trans, something in the trans OR something inside the cab (brake switch or wiring).

Take 2 pin toggle switch and get 2 lengths of wire (I would go 2 feet each) hook them up to the toggle then take 1 wire and go to pin F on the ALDL connector under your dash and take the other and go to pin A on the ALDL.

ONLY FLIP THE SWITCH AFTER YOU ARE UP TO CRUISING SPEED!!!!!!! You do not want to have the switch activated when you are slowing down, flooring it or stopped.

If your RPM's drop when switch is active your TCC works and your problem is in the cab (brake switch or wiring) If not then it's either the TCC itself or the solenoid.

****Disclaimer****

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!

ALDL pic for reference

You must be registered for see images attach

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Test did not do anything so guess it's probably in the trans. What does TCC stand for transmission control circuit?