454 (L29) Cam Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good. Is the new PCM tuned by chance?
No, factory stock replacement programmed to my vin.
I'm looking for a mail order tuner, but none seem forthcoming. I'll use BlackBear if nobody else offers a viable option, I just don't want the long turnaround that seems to be the norm with BB.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, factory stock replacement programmed to my vin.
I'm looking for a mail order tuner, but none seem forthcoming. I'll use BlackBear if nobody else offers a viable option, I just don't want the long turnaround that seems to be the norm with BB.

If you're looking for alternatives to Black Bear, you might check out Nelson Performance. They offer mail order tuning for these trucks. I was looking at them years ago but ended up going with Black Bear. I believe Wester's Garage and PCM4Less also offered mail order tuning for these at one point, they still might.

Reaction score
I'm running a comp 01-415-8, seems to work well for me but I dont really have anything to compare it against other than stock. I probably wouldn't go too much larger (not that this one is large), as i suspect you wouldn't see a bigger cam's true potential with the stock intake manifold.
what valve springs did you end up using?