4 wheel anti-lock system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do any of you have this system ? Have you removed or bypassed it and if so are their any side effects , dash lights, transmission shift probs etc. This is my experience. My 94 Blazer started pulling / diving to the right on braking . Not your normal brake pull as much as a dive . First I checked the calipers and installed new rubber lines, no change. Pulled the ABS fuse and the transmission wouldn't shift. I purchased the tools to bleed the system , that did not help. I finally just put a T in the hard line ahead of the system and went straight to the front calipers , this fixed the problem but the brake light is on, not the ABS light. I thought that was odd. Now I have better brakes and no pull . I would like to remove the entire unit but not sure what else it would effect.

Attachments

• img_6251_mmthumb.jpg
    img_6251_mmthumb.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 26

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think there is a hydraulic restriction inside the module? Do the rear brakes work good?
I think you will have an ABS or brake light unless the system is restored or you remove the bulbs from the dash. Not sure on this.

Last edited:

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was something going on inside the abs module, once I bypassed it the fronts work better than ever, I even bled the modulators . The rears are still through the abs and work fine. Since my last post I did a little more investigating, I found a connector was loose to the unit, when I got it connected I had an abs light but no brake light on the dash. I wanted to keep the brake light functional for the parking brake so I removed the abs bulb. All is good now decent brakes and no unwanted lights , I will eventually bypass the rears as well and remove the entire abs unit.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider bleeding them the correct way.

Attachments

• 1990s_GM_Light_Truck_Kelsey_Hayes_ABS_Brake_Bleeding_Procedure_Ref_Cards(1).pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 22

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This x 2, $50 for both , and did not fix the problem and will probably never be used again.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 10

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just read through your attachment , I had the correct tools and the correct procedure was used .