4.56 gears, quoted $800 for install. Anyone else get cheaper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Ordered me two sets of 4.56 gears nearly 5 months ago and theyve been sitting in my truck eversince i took it to the shop and they quoted me 800$ :nono: i know that sounds about right for such a labor intensive job, but I was wondering if anyone else might've scored cheaper? I know you get what you pay for, but im looking to save as much money as I can, doing itself is way out of the question. Too many special tools needed and last thing I want to do is mess up :(

Curious on the prices members on here have paid for new front and rear ring&pinion install

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For my 4.10s I paid 1100 for a complete rebearing, reseal, and gears installed. They supplied bearing kits etc, I supplied gears

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Is that for front and rear install? If so it's a great deal IMO.

yea man both front and rear. I figured it was a good deal because ive seen people pay up to 1900$ for install. crazy ass prices man.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to have a 3.73 put in my 07c to give it a little more pep an they wanted $800 just for the install. It was 2wd too....

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
800 is a killer deal. That's a good 40% cheaper than a lot around here.

scoob8000

Reaction score
Is that with parts (seals, bearings, etc) If so, I'd say it's fair.

I've never torn into the front diff on a 4wd vehicle, but I've never paid more than 2-300 labor to install a gear set in a RWD vehicle.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One shop said for a trutrac, gears and install kit $1800 and they would supply all parts and another said $650 and I supplied all parts......

Mine is also a 2wd