383 with fitech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91stepside33s

Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum and new to modifying trucks. I have some experience rebuilding motors stock for stock and doing swaps, but am looking to go further. I currently have a 91 k1500 with 350 tbi and is starting to need some tlc. I am looking to scrap this motor all together and put in a 383 stroker motor, probably a ht383 from gm performance. Just looking for some direction on what would all need to happen with distributor and the computer stuff. I would like to use a fitech efi system, not sure if it can control timing and what i could all keep with the stock ignition system or what could be taken out all together. Any helpful tips would be appreciated, i am fairly new to this and am still learning. Thanks in advance.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The simplest would be a fit-tech stand alone efi and a GM HEI distributor.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the 600hp fi tech. It's older, about 2yrs I think. You can't control active timing. What you do is set your curve from idle to WOT and tune it for your application. I don't have mine controlling timing yet. I use a standard GM HEI dizzy. The website below is about the best forum I've found for help. There are a lot more youtube vids now too.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-...-tips-info-sharing-ideas-settings-etc-12.html

91stepside33s

Reaction score
awesome thanks for the info guys, i will definitely be looking into a couple of these options. I like that direct 383 swap from blueprint, chewy1576 how much tuning did it need after install?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome thanks for the info guys, i will definitely be looking into a couple of these options. I like that direct 383 swap from blueprint, chewy1576 how much tuning did it need after install?

I had to correct the fuel maps and some of the O2 PID parameters because there was a pretty good surge at idle (really lean) and under deceleration. I made the spark advance table a little more aggressive also. I have a bored out intake and big block throttle body ready to go also to try to squeeze a little more out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk