383 wet nitrous kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you keep the bottle? For some reason I don't want it to be in the bed of the truck, but I live in Texas and i'm worried about keeping it inside the truck.
Inside or out, make sure you have a new burst disk. Cheap insurance. How big a bottle do you plan to run?

bcjjones

Reaction score
Inside or out, make sure you have a new burst disk. Cheap insurance. How big a bottle do you plan to run?
Yea, the burst disk would be installed either way. I've seen what happens when the bottle explodes! Not pretty.

Probably the standard 10lb bottle. It's a single cab, though, and I don't think it would fit behind the seat?

They do sell the incognito kit and the sneak pete kit but I haven't seen many reviews on them?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If its in the cabin legally your supposed to have a blow down tube that vents it outside if it over pressurizes. That rarely happens with street vehicles that never get an NHRA tech-inspection but if you do mount it in the cab its a cheap and easy thing to do

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, the burst disk would be installed either way. I've seen what happens when the bottle explodes! Not pretty.

Probably the standard 10lb bottle. It's a single cab, though, and I don't think it would fit behind the seat?

They do sell the incognito kit and the sneak pete kit but I haven't seen many reviews on them?
It would probably fit behind the seat if you took out the tools. You can also mount it under the bed if you want to be less obvious.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL just a bad angle in the picture then! I was joking anyways lol.

How did you wire that nitrous shut off switch? Where do you keep the bottle? For some reason I don't want it to be in the bed of the truck, but I live in Texas and i'm worried about keeping it inside the truck.
I have the pressure switch wired so if fuel pressure drops below 6psi the nitrous cant activate.
My bottle is in the bed but my truck stays in the garage. When I didn't have a garage I just took it in & out when temps outside got real hot, You just have to Reinstall bottle, purge it , start your burnouts in under 5 minutes or less, otherwise I kept it covered with a blanket.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that you should have your bottle hydrostatic tested every five years. In essence, it gets filled with water, pressurized to 150% of its rating, and the technician taps it with a hammer around every weld and fitting. If it's rusting inside, it'll crack, spew some water out, and it gets crap-canned on the spot. Your air compressors in your shop should be getting the same inspection. Come to think of it, I probably ought to make a public service message in the garage thread.

Last edited: