383 wet nitrous kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjjones

Reaction score
I have a 95 single cab 5 speed with a carbureted 383. Fully forged set up. Looking to add a small shot of nitrous. 75-125hp.

I want to go with a wet kit, how do y'all set up the extra fuel side? I have never run nitrous before so it is all new to me.

Currently I have just a single regulator running off the stock TBI electric in take fuel pump. I believe the fuel pump on these (originally a TBI v6) is rated for 15 psi. The regulator has it down to to 6 psi for the carb.

Would I just run a "tee" off the same line and when the solenoid opens for the fuel it'll just pump extra fuel to the solenoid? Do I "tee" into the fuel line before the regulator and just run the full pressure from the pump?

Last edited:

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I Installed a Tee in the fuel line on the way to the carb after the bypass regulator
Works great but keep it around 100-125 shot because you are at your fuel pump limits.
Dont forget to retard your timing

Attachments

• IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    303 KB · Views: 12

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works great but keep it around 100-125 shot because you are at your fuel pump limits.
An EP381 fuel pump from 96+ is a direct replacement for your TBI pump and will give you 155 L/Hr @ 60PSI instead of 75 L/Hr @ 14 PSI. It'll support ~450 HP.

Maybe look at the EBL Flash-II ECM? It supports the bottle and boost :waytogo:

bcjjones

Reaction score
I Installed a Tee in the fuel line on the way to the carb after the bypass regulator
Dont forget to retard your timing
Looks like a street truck? I also can’t decide if nitrous is stupid for a DD/street truck that sees little to no track time. I guess it’s not really different than running big turbos/supercharger on a street vehicle though.

Side note - you are brave running that fuel connection right about the header! Lol

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you run the EP381, you'll need a $60+ bypass-style fuel pressure regulator instead of the $20 basic Holley fuel pressure regulator. I've never run nitrous, but I certainly wouldn't do so with the stock TBI fuel pump.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I do run Nitrous on other vehicles and have for quite some time.

Put a different fuel pump in there at the very least. You already have a 383 which is taking more fuel, a carb is OK because it has the volume in the bowls as a buffer for when you stomp on it and even if the carb runs dry you just break up at the top end. But once you spray you don't have that buffer or forgiveness, run lean once and your buying a new engine.

75-125 isnt much but its enough to do damage if your not careful.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a street truck? I also can’t decide if nitrous is stupid for a DD/street truck that sees little to no track time. I guess it’s not really different than running big turbos/supercharger on a street vehicle though.

Side note - you are brave running that fuel connection right about the header! Lol
I drive it on the street a lot, raced it at the track a couple of times too

My truck is mostly for burnouts, rides to the beer store and for smoking MOST imports & Mustangs

That connection/line is 12" away from the header with Aeroquip lines & fittings

I feel safe about it, especially when the nitrous is on.................................. LOL

I also use a fuel pressure switch that shuts off the nitrous in case of a fuel supply issue

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also use a fuel pressure switch that shuts off the nitrous in case of a fuel supply issue
What if you still have fuel pressure, but it's just not enough to keep the fuel bowl full? If you have the stock TBI fuel pump, garbage can it. Seriously. Don't hesitate. If you can't afford to replace it, then nitrous is not your game.

bcjjones

Reaction score
I drive it on the street a lot, raced it at the track a couple of times too

My truck is mostly for burnouts, rides to the beer store and for smoking MOST imports & Mustangs

That connection/line is 12" away from the header with Aeroquip lines & fittings

I feel safe about it, especially when the nitrous is on.................................. LOL

I also use a fuel pressure switch that shuts off the nitrous in case of a fuel supply issue

LOL just a bad angle in the picture then! I was joking anyways lol.

How did you wire that nitrous shut off switch? Where do you keep the bottle? For some reason I don't want it to be in the bed of the truck, but I live in Texas and i'm worried about keeping it inside the truck.