350 tbi ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so I’m newish to the hole 350sbc tbi think. To be honest I mainly felt with Honda stuff then got a job at a Chevy dealership and rebuilt my truck exterior wise to what it is. Now I want to do my engine. I have a sbc tbi setup. I’m the 2nd owner. 100k miles. Now I could get my hands on a 5.3l or even a long block 350. I really love the sound of a cammed v8 but I’m at a lost and don’t really know which route or what to do. I don’t have anyone to talk to about it either.

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is it that you are wanting? More power? Sound? Mileage? 100k would probably mean it should be a good running engine (but not always).
I wouldn’t do the 5.3 - have never been impressed with the bottom end - they do shine up top though.

Anything fuel injected in “stock” form is going to “fight” large cams trying to even out choppy idles.

There are still lots of things you can do, but first what is your goal?

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really just want a choppy muscle sound tbh. I got the looks on my truck I just don’t have the nice sounding engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I’m not to worried about being the fastest in the street

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get a custom chip to handle a cam. TBIChips.com used to do it, some had horror stories so do your research. But, I built a TBI406 20 years ago for a 90 RCSB. I used all the stock TBI stuff, heads, stock rebuild but with bigger springs, stock intake, TBI, injectors, ECM, chip, STOCK EVERYTHING. I used Comp Cams Extreme Energy 268. Now the bigger the engine, the smoother the idle. So a small-ish cam in a big motor will sound like a monster in a smaller motor. But the motor ran friggin awesome. It was by far the most powerful motor I built, (not including big blocks) pulled like a freight train. Had a wicked idle, headers, Y-pipe, single in dual out Blowmaster. Got a lot of looks just from the sound.

Sounded lil like this, but i remembering mine idleing a smidge higher....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKMHYGzV9kE

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Literally dream idle lol. Exactly what I want but mine is currently a bone stock 350 tbi