$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
What’s the process on pulling the dash?
Just did a dash swap on mine a month or so ago, and it is pretty easy. Taking the steering column out is a must, and definitely helps. I can only go by mine, but there's a joint inside the cab, near the firewall, to separated the column.
Once that's out of the way, remove the gauge cluster, radio, HVAC controls, unbolt the fuse panel on the left of the dash, and take the top dash screws out.
Swing the dash down.
There's a couple small bolts, and clips holding the duct work in. Remove those, and the duct work.
Unclip the wiring harnass from the dash.
Pull dash out.

Keep in mind that's a quick run down, and there will probably be some stuff to unplug, or unbolt, but that's the jist of it.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did a dash swap on mine a month or so ago, and it is pretty easy. Taking the steering column out is a must, and definitely helps. I can only go by mine, but there's a joint inside the cab, near the firewall, to separated the column.
Once that's out of the way, remove the gauge cluster, radio, HVAC controls, unbolt the fuse panel on the left of the dash, and take the top dash screws out.
Swing the dash down.
There's a couple small bolts, and clips holding the duct work in. Remove those, and the duct work.
Unclip the wiring harnass from the dash.
Pull dash out.

Keep in mind that's a quick run down, and there will probably be some stuff to unplug, or unbolt, but that's the jist of it.

Man you did it the hard way. You dont have pull radio, cluster or any of that. I dont even remove the trim bezel

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Man you did it the hard way. You dont have pull radio, cluster or any of that. I dont even remove the trim bezel
I changed out the entire dash, so I did have to pull everything.

Went from this beat up mess....
You must be registered for see images attach

To this near mint dash that I repainted, as I'm changing to black interior.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed out the entire dash, so I did have to pull everything.

Went from this beat up mess....

To this near mint dash that I repainted, as I'm changing to black interior.
What did you paint this with? Id love to switch to a Black interior!