$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far it looks to be very tough. In fact I needed to touch up a bad spot on the glove box door, so hit it with a red scotch Brite, and the paint didn't come of very easily, and I had just sprayed it the day before. I've been very impressed with it toughness.
I may be doing this in the future, thank you!!

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok on to dash pull

pull 3 bolts across top of dash first to hopefully not cause any more cracking of the dash

remove steering column completely is best and isnt hard to do

the harness stays with dash so disconnect main plug at bulk head. its the main plug going in on driver side of firewall center bolt is a torx bolt (I dont remember size because i didnt completely remove dash this time) and 2 diagional bolts holding the dash side of connector to the firewall. You can see 1 to the right of center in pic. also theres a few random connector below that get disconnected
You must be registered for see images attach

Next is 2 bolts below the cluster which you get when you pull the column. and the 3rd is 13mm straight up at corner of dash where it hinges
will also be a few connectors, different years, different options so i cant account for exact

Pass side there is 3 more bolts and the dash will swing down, 2 are below the air bag/pocket and the 3rd is at bracket where dash swings on also a couple more electrical connectors behind the glove box

Dash will swing down make sure you got all the connectors and pull the dash out usually takes me about 30-45 mins to get it out

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the p/w and p/l swap done and its a pita compared to others ive done. mainly pulling floor harness segment up through the firewall and the main connector for dome lights and such. But everything else was plug and play

Little bit of info if your harness comes from one with a factory amplifier and your not gonna use amp then you gotta bypass it for rear door speakers to work

amplifier connector its behind dash, right of the column

Plug is numbered, looked up diagram and found what went where. I cut power and ground to different lengths and tied rest wires in and completely removed connector

Now after all that. fought the harness a little getting it in plugged it all in that part was plug n play, added fuses, all the windows worked and the lock actuators tried but they are gonna need replaced.

And for the crappy part of the swap this connector is the only thing different which feeds the dome lights, lights for switches, and few other things that ill find out if i need when i get diagrams. but big connector to right is the new harness and the small plug is from the original harness
And for the record mine is a 99 c3500 and donor was a 99 suburban LT k1500

Almost forgot another plus ill have keyless entry too once i order a fob

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
the harness stays with dash so disconnect main plug at bulk head. its the main plug going in on driver side of firewall center bolt is a torx bolt (I dont remember size because i didnt completely remove dash this time) and 2 diagional bolts holding the dash side of connector to the firewall. You can see 1 to the right of center in pic. also theres a few random connector below that get disconnected
I was aware of this method, and started to go that route, but getting to that main plug and separating it is a PITA. If you're putting the same dash back in, I can see the benefit of doing it that way, but knowing I was going to be transferring stuff from my old dash to the new, the way I did mine just made more sense.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was aware of this method, and started to go that route, but getting to that main plug and separating it is a PITA. If you're putting the same dash back in, I can see the benefit of doing it that way, but knowing I was going to be transferring stuff from my old dash to the new, the way I did mine just made more sense.

Oh thats understandable. You got it done its all that matters