3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s talk wheel colors. I have this idea of getting them done in a copper, brushed nickel, steel, or argent silver. Anyone have any suggestions? I really think copper wheels with that 20” beauty ring would really pop. Here are some colors I was considering.
I like black or white wheels on a white truck, but the golden charcoal would look good.
I used Prismatic Powders iced black cherry on a black car a few years back, it looked black until the sun hit it, then the burgundy popped. The guy I use for coating says they make a quality product.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordering the wheels this Friday. Settled on 20x8 with 4.75” back spacing all the way around. They can’t do 5”. I feel confident after reviewing many threads that 4.75” will be sufficient.
You must be registered for see images attach

Found a local powder coating company. $750 for all four wheels and that includes all the prep work. He uses Prismatic Powders and is reviewed well. I’ve settled on copper.

Also I scored the TBI/vortec intake manifold that was for sale here late last week. I’ll be saving it for either this or the ‘94. And my center caps arrived. Yippee! They are nice.

As @618 Syndicate once said earlier in this thread “money well wasted.”

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going to remove the steering box and get that sent out to Turn One and have them rebuild it. Hopefully the pitman doesn’t put up a fight once it’s off and I can get to it. $400 for a rebuild, but you get your box back.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading @SNCTMPL's thread about the Borgeson quick ratio box and some discussion with @Caman96, I've decided to get the Borgeson box. It is ordered. While i'm in there I am going to add a power steering cooler and of course a pitman arm (AC Delco) - those are also ordered. My truck has the in-frame mounted cooler and I don't like it.

Yesterday I went and test drove a new car and I really liked it - Hyundai Elantra N with the DCT and it was a blast. I'm ready for the forum to blast me for driving one.:ban::Big Laugh: :33: I've been eying them for a while and finally had the chance to drive the 6MT and the DCT automatic. I've already got 2 of my own trucks on the property and a 1 car garage. My girlfriend also has her own Ram. So there are 3 vehicles here. Adding a fourth doesn't make sense to me. I'd hate to have the GMC sit out, but the new car shouldn't be exposed to the elements either. So I'll have to make a decision at some point. Sell the C2500 (which obviously I've got a lot of time and money wrapped up in), the K2500 (which I think is more practical as a daily and could sit outside since the body isn't the straightest), or just not buy a new car.

We also want to buy a house. Buying a car doesn't seem smart when we are planning for that. She says buy it and we will figure it out. We are both financially savvy. I think I know the answer - don't buy the car.

Now I'm just rambling. The new car would be here Tuesday if I had a 2 car garage. I hate having stuff sit outside especially when we have bad weather. We had a lot of big hail where I live in 2023. I wouldn't be buying anything until both trucks are ready for reliable daily duty.