3/4 Ton Lift Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So quite a bit of lift then? I couldnt reuse my U bolts from my lift if they have only been on for a couple months?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I have always heard to reuse the u bolts because they stretch when you first torque them.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Where do you get them? Did the truck ride differently? Did it help the sagging when towing? Do you have any pictures you could post?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I got the u bolts in a kit at autozone. They were a universal kit and the measurements were the same as the old ones. As far as handling, I havent noticed a difference other than the steering seems easier and tighter than it was before. I also cranked the torsion bars about an inch as well but the front end is still lower than the rear. It totally helped the sagging when towing. Before, the truck sagged a couple inches with our pop-up trailer and now it maybe sags 1/2 inch to 2/4 of an inch. I dont have a current picture of the truck but I can get one tomorrow morning.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I did notice that the rear suspension was a lot stiffer with the 3/4 ton springs.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ok Im not to worried about the height because I already have it a bit higher up front but I sag like hell when towing our camper as well and I would really like to beef that up a little. I just hear that it rides rough but I will try it! A picture would be awesome man

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I have always heard to reuse the u bolts because they stretch when you first torque them.

It's all bolts and studs stretch. That's what creates the torque. Yes, after something has been under torque for so long the metal will fatigue and stretch to much, but that's not why you shouldn't reuse u bolts.

U bolts actually have a u shaped thread instead of a v shaped thread. The nut cuts into the threads, so once they're torqued down once, they loose their shape, giving an inaccurate torque reading when you retorque them.

-Via Mobile-

Reaction score
How hard are they to change?

Well if you've never changed your original leafs you'll need to heat up the bolts. Took me awhile. I put 1 ton leafs on mine, its a 7 leaf pack. Gave my roughly 2.5-3 of lift? Not sure because I never measured. They were really stiff initially, but a year later after daily heavy loads they have broken in somewhat.