2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. My flavor for this job is PB Blaster, only because it’s the first one I saw. I really should grab some Kroil. I hear it’s the balls.

I’m also going to order up some new o-rings for the injectors and lines. I suspect that may be where I’m getting a fuel leak from. I can’t see the FPR or a bleeding injector making the kind of stink I’ve been getting. It stinks of gas even while running. You guys who have resolved these issues might know better though.

Last edited:

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I literally just did this job the last 3 days.

I will be anxious to know how long it takes you. I prolly have every bit of 25 hours in it. But I work pretty slow and 10 of those hours or more were just cleaning components.

I hope you have a lift where you cam drop the truck on the ground wheels off or a engine bay creeper. God help you if you don't.

Didn't get good pics all buttoned up. But here's one with the lower mani back in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Recomendations:

- index your distributor
- be extremely careful with the wire looms if yours are as dry rot as mine they literally throw plastic shards everywhere when you so much as look at them. Bad when the engine is open. Use plastic sheet and lint free rags to cover ports.
- I used gasoline and acetone to clean as best I could in engine of sludge and crud.
- replace oil pressure switch while you're in there
- new Orings on the hard fuel lines on body side. I did not have any so went without
- use some WD or silicone grease before trying to remove the injector clips. They come up you just have to be very careful. I did not break any.
- If your ac is not working just unhook the compressor and don't lay it over the passenger side. My was full so I laid it over there and ended up blowing a line yesterday when I turned it on. Must have cracked the old high pressure line while moving it around for the gasket job so now I have AC work to do.

Sure I'll think of some more.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I also replaced the vac hoses on the fpr and valve cover with silicone hose.

Replaced the fuel filter.

Coolant flush and oil change

Seal on the little sensor on the lower mani.

OH! I had to replace the heater hose fitting on the lower manifold as well and the MF broke off at the threads from the mani as it was fused to the manifold. Had to cut it out and replace. That was a pain. If you haven't replaced that fitting I'd do it while you have the lower off.

If I were to have had that happened with it in the truck I would have been seriously fk'd.

It's the one with the plastic quick connect.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those QDs always take a **** when you mess with them. Leave them alone and they're fine. Also, I'd advise against replacing the oil pressure sender if it's working fine. The replacements suck nowadays.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Why do the replacements suck on the sensor? Should I be worried? Lol

They are prone to leak big time. Replacement of the oil sensor was a no brainer. Hoping it reads pressure better too.

I couldn't find just the plastic fitting on the QD port and mine was trash so bought a full replacement fitting. Twisted off immediately as soon as I touched it.

Glad I replaced but it is a gamble.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ingot one from Napa last year and it died a couple months later. I've seen on the LS stuff where they all die. Not if, when.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ingot one from Napa last year and it died a couple months later. I've seen on the LS stuff where they all die. Not if, when.

+1 on that. Replaced mine because I was going to have the intake off, it died back in November and now I have all the oil pressure all the time.

Got a new AC Delco to go in to replace the BWD one once I get time.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah I went with AC Delco from the get. As nice a unit as I could find.

Really hope it don't **** out

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I got mine from eBay, ECCPP brand. From what I’ve read they are all the same mirror, but these are particularly bad I think. Like I said, the glass is distorted, they don’t sit level, hell they even flop around a little bit when locked in the open position. I think I could prob live with any one one of those, but the whole combo is a deal breaker for me. I might look into Dodge mirrors. Honestly, I’m at the point where I just shop around for some junkyard tripods.
I have the Dodge "Elephant Ear" flip up mirrors on Frank. They were on it when I bought the truck. They are KILLER! I understand why the Dodge boys put the in "Tow Mode" all the time. The hips are no problem but you won't get thru a drive thru ATM with them flipped out. In the lower position if the mirrors fit the hips will too. Mine shake a bit but I have one D shaped tire and the brain dead-crack head-chimpanzees prolly put them on with roofing mastic and used bubble gum. I'm afraid to look behind the door panels to find out how they are attached!