2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which ones? I thought precat was 3" and post cat 2.75" minus the section just past the manifold collector that's all mashed down. Or did you delete cats?

The cats were already removed when I bought the truck. There isn’t much of the factory piping left after the smashed part. It’s pretty much chopped as soon as the two pipes come side by each. Maybe an inch or two ahead of the trans crossmember.

I was thinking of putting the X crossover here. Jones makes one that looks like a close fit. Not sure if it’s even worth the effort though.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What I’m having problems with is I'm gonna run a y pipe and the outlet will be 3” then how do i get that to mate with the 4”?

Easy answer here is a 3" tailpipe from Walker. Comes with hangers and all in 1 piece.

The cats were already removed when I bought the truck. There isn’t much of the factory piping left after the smashed part. It’s pretty much chopped as soon as the two pipes come side by each. Maybe an inch or two ahead of the trans crossmember.

I was thinking of putting the X crossover here. Jones makes one that looks like a close fit. Not sure if it’s even worth the effort though.

OK now your situation makes sense. Bear in mind that a tailpipe expander that you buy at the parts store is only meant to expand pipe back it's original diameter that has been compressed by a u bolt clamp. It's not intended to flare new pipe by 1/8" or 1/4". I ruined one trying before. YMMV.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easy answer here is a 3" tailpipe from Walker. Comes with hangers and all in 1 piece.

OK now your situation makes sense. Bear in mind that a tailpipe expander that you buy at the parts store is only meant to expand pipe back it's original diameter that has been compressed by a u bolt clamp. It's not intended to flare new pipe by 1/8" or 1/4". I ruined one trying before. YMMV.
Would you happen to have a link or anything to this said tailpipe? And would i just be able to clamp the 3” down to the 3” tailpipe or should i get a 3.5” adapter ?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would you happen to have a link or anything to this said tailpipe? And would i just be able to clamp the 3” down to the 3” tailpipe or should i get a 3.5” adapter ?

3" ID will fit right over 3" OD. I don't have a part number but it wasn't anything special. I just walked into the parts store and ordered a 3" mandrel bent tailpipe from Walker. Next day it showed up so it was in stock and nothing special.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3" ID will fit right over 3" OD. I don't have a part number but it wasn't anything special. I just walked into the parts store and ordered a 3" mandrel bent tailpipe from Walker. Next day it showed up so it was in stock and nothing special.
Was it vehicle specific ?

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figure it’s about time to make an appearance.

I’ve been on a hiatus. Had a busy fall this year around the house, so the truck fell by the wayside. I’ve been putting a laundry list of repairs together to get the truck ready for the spring.

I’m going to need replace the intake gaskets. I’m still battling the coolant mud, and I noticed external leaking at the block/head/intake interface, below the heater hose outlet. If its leaking outside, it must be leaking internally as well, but the oil has always been clean.

A quick search shows @andy396 and I think @Supercharged111 using Mahle gaskets with a metal core. Rockauto lists a p/n MS15688. Is this the set that I am looking for?

I need to do the FPR and should probably do injectors while I’m in there.

Water pump began weeping over the winter. Remind me again why I didn’t change that last year when I went through the entire cooling system?

Discovered a small puddle under the steering gear the other day. Figured the pressure solenoid on the pump took a ****, but it appears to leaking at the return line from the cooler. It’s one of those crimped clamps, so idk if a simple hose clamp might fix the leak.

Still need to fix that damn hub seal and throw new shoes in too. Oh and there’s the phantom battery draw and dome lights that won’t shut off. Yay old things!

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the Mahle gaskets for mine, I've got a new set at the house and I can check the package PN just for confirmation.
I'm getting ready for a new set of injectors and a new FPR, along with a slew of other **** as well.

The dome lights could be related to the headlight switch possibly? Maybe one of the wiring gurus can chime in?

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve got a spare headlight switch, so I’m going try that out. I suspect it may be a door switch though. I seem to remember the front passenger side not turning the lights on last year, then all of a sudden, they don’t go out. Might also have something shorted to ground, completing the circuit.

Last edited: